Thursday, July 14, 2011

Live and learn

I took Riley to the park today and the wading pool is now open!  I have never seen the park so busy.  Kids in bathing suits splashing in the water, chasing each other around the playground, and moms looking on from the park benches under their umbrellas shading them from the sun.

Since I didn't know the pool was open, Riley did not have her bathing suit or swimming diaper on.  But she really wanted to go in.  I figured she would just wade around, as the water was freezing cold!  Nope, my little fish plopped right down on her bum in her clothes and splashed around like she does in the tub.  She was enthralled by the big kids swimming around her.  She sat there laughing at them screaming and splashing each other, and she did not mind getting splashed as well.

We had a great time at the park.  Tomorrow I will make sure she is in her bathing suit and most importantly, the swimming diaper.  Today I learned that the swimming diaper is essential when being submerged in water.  Her diaper was so soaked and heavy it added 5lbs to her at least.  Oops.  Well, you live and learn.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you know this already but if you don't, just be warned that swim diapers do NOT hold in pee. I found out the hard way, walking down the beach with a one year old on my hip, feeling warm wetness running down my side....

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete